April 5, 2010

Lemon Detox Diary


Have you ever considered the popular, yet highly controversial Lemon Detox Diet? Are you curious to know what it's like depriving your body from solid food for seven whole days? Fortunately, a girl kept a diary of her starving plight and is able to share it. Guess who it was? Eyen!


Okay, we don't really condone this type of diet but she did go through with it so why not share it? Eyen was given the opportunity to be signed with one of the top agencies in New York if she came back in two weeks with "body improvement." She took those words to heart and desperately sought a diet that would work quickly! What's absurd is that Eyen is 5'7 and weighed 110 lbs. Well, these agencies look for models who they know will make them money so it's understandable that they are very selective and need their models to be fit and toned.


Anyway, since Eyen's dream is to become a supermodel, she resorted to the Lemon Detox Diet. Stars like Beyonce, Gwyneth Paltrow, Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are fans of this diet. It reportedly increases concentration, treats acne and most importantly makes you lose weight. The detox drink will help excrete extra waste from your colon, therefore shedding the pounds.To combat hunger, the diet allows you to consume water mixed with lemon juice, maple syrup and a pinch of grounded cayenne pepper. Those ingredients should give you the minimal necessary energy.


Diary:
Day 1, Friday
[11:40 a.m.] My first day! I almost vomited from drinking 24 oz water mixed with one teaspoon of sea salt. I feel a lot of bowel movements at this point. I guess it's a good thing? It says in order to start detoxing, I have to wait to use the bathroom. I miss eating solid food already.


[1:06 p.m. to 11:45 p.m.] I'm working this evening, ugh!! I started mixing the detox recipes. I like it! In one glass, I can taste the flavors of sweetness, sourness, and spiciness that you would get in a real meal. mmmmMMM... satisfying.


Day 2, Saturday
[12:15 p.m.] I drank the 24 oz water mixed with sea salt this morning again. (I'm gonna drink it every morning) I just started mixing some detox recipes again. I added more cayenne pepper than I am supposed to because I love the spicy flavor. The taste of spice reminds me of eating solid food. Anyway, I'm gonna start doing some light exercises.


Day 3, Sunday
[11:39 a.m.] The mixed drink is giving me strength and energy, but I've become very disoriented. My mind is just spacing out constantly, and all I want is food and sleep. I'm always cold...walking slowly up and down the stairs...


Day 4, Monday 
[5:31 p.m.] I bought six cupcakes from CRUMBS Bake Shop for my nephew because today is his birthday, but he isn't here. :(


I keep looking at the cupcakes on the train ride home, but I know I am not gonna eat them. They are really tempting though. I feel stronger now and more focused. I'm so glad I'm on this diet.
My mom is cooking really good food and the whole place smells like food...mmmmm... but hey...I'm already starting to see results on my body!


Day 5, Tuesday
[10:19 p.m.] I am completely annoyed and pissed off! I want to eat! What was the reason why I'm on this diet again??? Anyway, I've gotten skinnier! Maybe I should stop now, but I still wanna reach my goal of seven days. Only TWO MORE DAYS left! Food...I miss you. Nothing fills me with joy like you do


Day 6, Wednesday
[12:38 p.m.] I have one more day left! I'm watching "The Missing" so it's actually keeping my mind off of being too excited! I realized that I can't even eat solid food after this diet. I have to start out only drinking juices, slurping on smoothies, or basically just any kind of clean liquids at first.


Then on the second day, I can only eat raw vegetables and fruits. UGH! My breath is on fire! I brushed my teeth three times already! The diet plan says if your breath stinks, that means you're detoxing correctly. So I guess I am. I'm very proud of myself. I'm ready for the next step. So excited to start exercising after the diet!


[3:30 p.m. - 11:45 p.m.] OMG! I lied. As soon as I stepped out the door, my energy drained. I was so sleepy and hungry! I tried running to catch my train, but I couldn't! It was like my body shut down. I felt like crap and almost started to cry.


My cool manager at the job came up to me and said, "Eyen, I love you, so don't hate me when I say that you look terrible. And when I mean terrible, I mean you look like you need to eat! So please break the diet and eat tonight!" I understood him, but whatever. I didn't take his advice and continued mixing my drink when I felt hungry. After the night, I felt good about myself! I felt like I was re-born again. It sounds weird, but it's true. Now tomorrow will be my last day and I can't wait!


Day 7, Thursday
[2:45 p.m.] I'm feeling okay. I really don't feel like mixing or carrying the recipes anymore, but I have to. Today is my last day and I'm doing very well. I'm dying to eat though!!! But I know I can't yet. I have to take it slow. Ugh.. I'm so impatient!

Eyen completed her diet as planned and now is represented by one of the top 10 agencies in New York. To her, it was worth it. The question is, how far would you go to lose weight?

4 comments:

  1. Eyen...you are crazy...you are hella small as it is...but you did what you did already so can't really say much. How much weight did you lose anyways within the week of detoxing???

    ReplyDelete
  2. well eyen, its very comitted i couldnt do it id give up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Crystal. Anything is possible as long as you put your heart and mind into it. :)

    -Eyen

    ReplyDelete
  4. To make your honey-lemon juice with cayenne pepper, Smoothie Cleanse

    ReplyDelete