April 11, 2010

Alice's Red Dress



I know, I know... I’m very late with Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland but I was one of the people who wanted to watch it when it first premiered. Things didn't work out  since I’ve been very busy with projects and research papers, thanks to FIT; I haven’t. But today, after finishing up writing and editing a nine page report and working on a storyboard for a commercial my partner and I are assigned, I managed some time.


I chose Alice in Wonderland because it was the best choice out of all the movies that are out now (in my opinion).The funny thing is I had a negative opinion about the movie beforehand since a few people told me that it wasn’t what they expected. So without much enthusiasm or anticipation, like I would have if I saw the movie when it first came out, I watched it to kill some time because I knew if anything I could be visually entertained since Tim Burton's films tend to do that.


To my surprise, I found myself fully engaged in the film, especially the costumes and attire! I was pretty much in love with the the dresses that Alice wore when she was on her perilous adventure. The one that I first took notice of was the blue dress with ruffles she had on when she first shrunk after drinking from the brown liquid.



However, the dress that I coveted over was the red taffeta dress Alice wore when she spent some time in the evil Red Queen’s castle. The dress was mixed with white and black and was just so lovely! I would love to wear it and maybe one day visit Underland? Of course, I'd choose to stay at the White Queen’s palace which happened to be oh-so-heavenly!
xo 
Edo

14 comments:

  1. where can you buy this dress?

    ReplyDelete
  2. man.. i want this dress so bad for my sweet 16 alice in wonderland themed:/

    ReplyDelete
  3. me too!! but for my 15! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the red dress!!!!!! <3 ♪♫♪

    ReplyDelete
  5. i tried hot topic, but they dont have it i think. do you know any other stores?

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.mycosplaysky.com/tim-burton-alice-in-wonderland-alice-red-court-um-dress-p-84.html
    your welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Today's world is growing very rapidly. Everyone wants to look good. In this case cosplay outfit has a perfect balance between the lace and the open part. it gives you personal satisfaction. it has a wide variety of costumes.Cosplay Costume is one of top sellers this season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. omgomg i had a sweet 16th alice in wonderland party and i wore this dress!! i made it so a little trickier than buying it! haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yah were can u find the dress cause im turning 17 in 7days and i want this dress

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful... Love the dresses in this movie. Job well done. ^________^

    ReplyDelete
  11. i say them on Ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  12. apparently there was alot of CGI done on the dresses in the movie....that just something I've heard though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I ENJOYED THE THEME SONG PLAYED BY AVRIL

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL hot topic.
    You can find exact copies of these dresses on Ebay!
    Just search "Alice in wonderland cosplay"!
    <3

    ReplyDelete